2- AND 3-PERSON RELAY TEAMS
The MDI Marathon Team Relay features teams consisting of 2 or 3 competitors each. The relay has been designed using natural topographical features and handoff zones unique to the award-winning course.
The 2-person relay hand-off zone is located at the 13.1 (half marathon) mark in Northeast Harbor.
The first 3-person relay hand-off zone is located at approximately 8.5 miles near Seal Harbor Beach.
The second handoff zone will be located near the end of Butler Road and Route 198, at approximately mile 18.6.
The final runner will carry teams to the finish line located in downtown Southwest Harbor.
- 2-Person Relay Maps & Driving Directions HERE
- 3-Person Relay Maps & Driving Directions HERE
HOW TO REGISTER:
- The Team Captain will register their team by selecting a team name and pay their entry fee. This step secures your team's spot in the team division.
- The additional team member(s) will register to run by choosing "Join and Existing Team" and selecting their team name from the drop-down menu on the registration page. They will enter their personal information and pay their entry fee.
- Space is limited! If you truly want to run, you must secure a spot.
- A team spot is secured only when the team captain has registered and paid their entry fee.
- The Team Captain may replace a member of their team if needed.
- Team Members should only join teams they have been invited to run on. (You may not join a team that has not invited you to run.)
RULES AND INFORMATION
- The MDI Marathon Team Relay field is limited and registration will close without notice.
- Top 3 teams will be awarded. Awards will be available at the finish line. It is competitors responsibility to check posted results and pick up awards. NO AWARDS WILL BE SHIPPED.
- All relay runners must wear bib numbers in plain sight on the FRONT and BACK of their running clothing. The numbers on back are meant to help full marathoners identify relay teams from individual competitors. Relay teams will be disqualified if all members are not wearing both bib numbers at all times.
- Individual runners may not complete two consecutive legs. i.e. All runners must hand-off after completing one relay leg.
- All team participants will be wearing timing devices. DO NOT approach the finish line before your team finishes! Doing so may cause for an inaccurate finish time.
- It is the individual teams responsibility to have runners in place at the appropriate hand-off zones. Personal transportation is needed in order to participate in the team relay.
- Team vehicles must display the official MDI Marathon Team Relay credentials provided at the pre-race expo on their dashboard in plain sight at all times during the event.
- Carpooling is encouraged to limit the amount of drop and pick-up vehicles. Please use our Facebook page to help coordinate ride sharing.
- The MDI Marathon will provide finish times for each participating team ONLY. Individual leg split times may be kept by individuals who desire them.
- Relay handoff zones will be clearly marked. Teams that hand-off outside of these zones will be disqualified.
- If a relay runner is not in place at the time an incoming team member approaches the exchange point, the incoming runner must stop at the exchange point and wait until the next runner arrives.
2-PERSON RELAY MAPS
3-PERSON RELAY MAPS
**WANT MORE INFORMATION? CLICK HERE FOR OUR EXTENSIVE FAQS**